Categories are divided into main categories and subcategories.
Each main category have to contain one or more subcategories.
Transactions and budgets are associated with a subcategory.
You can manage the categories in the "Preferences" page, "Categories management" section.
To move a subcategory to another main category, press on it in the "Categories management" page.
Then, edit the subcategory changing the "Main category" field.
Merge two subcategories
You can merge two subcategories, A and B, with the following steps in the Android or iOS app:
- Delete the subcategory A.
- Rename the subcategory B with the exact A name.
- Rename back B to the original A name.
Category "Food" and "Shopping". Keep only "Food".
- Delete "Shopping".
- Rename the "Food" subcategory to "Shopping".
- Rename back it to "Food".